Raniban Retreat - INTRODUCTION
Raniban Retreat - Queen's Retreat.
On the secluded hillock of Raniban Hill forest in Pokhara, resides a unique boutique hotel, offering you an eco friendly environment tailor- made for you. Raniban is the best view and a most peaceful location in Pokhara - for magnificient view of the Himalayan panorama, the great Fewa Lake and Pokhara valley. And it's greatly peaceful because it's on the hill top accessible through our own made 500 stone steps through wild bushes.
Although only 7km from Pokhara airport, and 5km from Pokhara itself, we are a world away from the bustle and noise of the Lakeside tourist hotels. Raniban Retreat is the best choice in the valley for privacy and seclusion. We share our hilltop with only the World Peace Pagoda.
There are two ways to reach Raniban Retreat.
More active visitors can come by rowing and boat and a trek up well maintained and signed trails, via the World Peace Pagoda. Expect the trek to take around 1 hour plus stops at the tea houses on the way, and to visit the Peace Pagoda.
By vehicle, we follow the World Peace Pagoda access road for 15 minutes. The road is a little rough, but accessible by taxi, or local bus.
All the major tourist destination, including major tourist attractions of Pokhara, like Fewa lake, Bat Cave, Lakeside cafe and Pubs, Davis's fall are located within a distance of 7 km.
Raniban Retreat - SERVICES & FACILITIES
The real glory of Raniban is the stunning view. From our terraces we enjoy heart stopping views across Phewa Lake to the mighty Annapurna range.
- Sunrise view room
- Mountain view room with private garden
- Deluxe lodge
Sunrise View Room
Mountain View Room with Private Garden
Raniban is the only accommodation in Pokhara where you can choose to stay in a brand new luxury lodge, a cosy bamboo lodge or in a luxurious canvas tent, pitched on a bamboo platform.
Whichever you choose, our rooms are cosy, clean, and share the stunning view to the north. Our excellent restaurant serves food to match the view.
- Spacious deluxe rooms and built- in tented camps, with attached bathrooms
- Terraces and gardens with our birds-eye view of Lake Fewa, Pokhara Town and the Annapurna massif
- Panoramic restaurant serving Nepali and European dishes
- A well stocked bar
- 24 hour water and electricity
- Unlimited free wi-fi internet
- A peaceful meditation room
- Conference room for up to 20 people
- International telephone calling
- Safe Deposit
- Doctor on Call
- Airport Transfers
- Peace & tranquility
- Perhaps the best activity is getting here! Take a short ride across the calm waters of Fewa Lake and trek slowly up the dense Raniban, the Queen's Jungle.
- Watch out for Barking Deer, Langur and Jungle Chickens as you ascend to the Vishwa Shanti, The World Peace Stupa.
- A final short climb up our 400 stone steps will reward you with awesome views of the Himalayan Peaks from Dhaulagiri to Ganesh Himal and that's the Raniban Retreat: Your luxury mountain hotel.
- For the less active we offer airport transfers the short 7km distance to and from Pokhara airport, bus park and Lakeside.
On Site we offer:
- An early morning - watch the rising sun turn the high Himalayas pink with a warming tea or coffee
- A twilight campfire on the terrace as dark falls over the lake and mountains
- Themed evenings & menus
- Awe inspiring views, cloudscapes, sunrises and sunsets
- Monster thunderstorms - thunder, lightening & hailstones, then the calm after the storm
Off site we can arrange:
- Visits to theWorld Peace Pagoda
- Ayurvedic Massage & spa treatments
- Guided village walks
- Mountain biking hire and rides on forest tracks and inding village roads
- Fishing on Lake Fewa
- Lake cruises and boat rides
- Paragliding lessons and tandem flights
- Parahawking - flying with birds of prey
- Short and longer treks
Raniban Retreat - TARIFF
- All the above rates are exclusive of 10 % service charge and 13 % government taxes.
- The above rates are subject to change without prior notice.
- All major credit cards are accepted - Visa Card, Master Card and American Express.
Please complete the form to reach us Note * are required