Deprecated: mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in /home/hotlnepal/public_html/cpadmin/dbconn.php on line 5
In the main square there is the Harisiddhi Temple and Narayan Temple, both Vishnu temples. The most popular place to watch the sunrise over the mountains is at the Kali Temple on top of the hill in the southeast. You walk to the Panorama View Lodge and keep walking another half-hour. Ridi Bazaar. Bhagwati Mandir, in the northwest part of town, is a high point in the city and from where there are good views of the mountains. There is no place to change money in Dhulikhel.
Dhulikhel has for many centuries been an important trading centre on the ancient commercial route linking Nepal to Tibet. Since time immemorial, people of Nepal travel to Tibet to bring home salt and gold. Likewise, the Tibetans every year with their flocks of sheep enter into Nepal during Dashain, the greatest Hindu festival. They purchased chilies and other daily necessities in Nepal and return to their homeland. In those days, a whole day walk from Kathmandu to Dhulikhel was comfortable for Tibet trippers with easily available of food and water at Dhulikhel at the evening for overnight stay. Even now, a bird's eye view from the resorts at Dhulikhel to the landscapes; highway to Tibet and horizons far to the Tibetan borders, clearly exhibits Dhulikhel as the gateway of Tibet. After adjoining with Tibet by motorable road in 1965, Dhulikhel got a face lift and developed as a tourist destination both for Tibet trippers and tourists. Dhulikhel is an ideal station to stop for overnight stay while going to Tibet and coming back to Kathmandu. During the high season places should be booked in advance.
Middle and Higher luxury Accommodation
- Himalayan Horizon Hotel Sun-N-Snow , Dhulikhel, Kavrepalanchok, Nepal: is a nice Newari-style building. It has an excellent back terrace.
- Dhulikhel Lodge Resort, Dhulikhel, Kavrepalanchok, Nepal: near the bus stop just off the main road, is a well-managed place with nice architecture and gardens. It has modern rooms with great views. It has a popular restaurant.
- Mirabel Resort, Dhulikhel, Kavrepalanchok, Nepal: 250m down the road to Banepa, is a well-designed villa style place that has rooms with a balcony, TV, fridge and phone. It has two restaurant, pleasant grounds, and great views from the terrace. It is one of the best places in town.
- Himalayan Horizon Hotel, Dhulikhel, Kavrepalanchok, Nepal: on the road to Banepa, has traditional woodcarving and has a pleasant garden. All the comfortable rooms have great view of the mountains and deluxe rooms. There is a very good restaurant in front of the hotel with excellent mountain views. It has some Nepali dishes and is not cheap.
- Woodlands Mountain Tower Resort, Dhulikhel, Kavrepalanchok, Nepal: has a revolving restaurant.
- High View Resort , Dhulikhel, Kavrepalanchok, Nepal: half a km from the highway in a quiet location, it has good views.
- Himalayan Shangri-La Resort, Dhulikhel, Kavrepalanchok, Nepal: 1Ĺ km east of Mahendra Chowk, is a quiet place in a nice location that has great views. The rooms are in a Newar-style building.
- Dhulikhel Mountain Resort, Dhulikhel, Kavrepalanchok, Nepal: 4km east of town towards Barabise and the Tibetan border, is in a beautiful area. It has high quality luxury thatched cottages. It has fantastic views of the mountains.
- Himalayan Mountain Resort, Dhulikhel, Kavrepalanchok, Nepal: 4km east o f Dhulikhel a little past the Dhulikhel Mountain Resort, has a good view and a nice garden. Rooms with bath. It has a quiet location. It has a restaurant that serves Newari food. To stay her you most likely will want to have your own transportation.
Lower Budget Accommodation
- Nawaranga Guest House, Dhulikhel, Kavrepalanchok, Nepal: half a km from the main square towards the post office, is a friend place that has basic room with common bath and dorm beds. It has a good restaurant. It is a popular place.
- Panorama View Lodge, Dhulikhel, Kavrepalanchok, Nepal: about 15 minutes up the southeast hill, has rooms with bath and hot water downstairs and upstairs. There are some basic rooms. It has great views. It is in a secluded location but is can be difficult to get to without your own transportation.
- Silk Road Lodge, Dhulikhel, Kavrepalanchok, Nepal: on the main road, has rooms with common bath.
- Mountain (could be Mount View) View Guest House, Dhulikhel, Kavrepalanchok, Nepal: next door, has basic rooms. It has some good views.
- Snow View Lodge, Dhulikhel, Kavrepalanchok, Nepal: 1km from the main square in a quiet location, has rooms with hot water. It has a pleasant garden. It has a good restaurant.
- Royal East Inn, Dhulikhel, Kavrepalanchok, Nepal: next to the bus stand, rooms with common bath and with bath. It has a good garden and there are good views from the roof. It has a restaurant with Indian, Italian and Mexican.
- Hotel Gauri Shankar Mountain View, Dhulikhel, Kavrepalanchok, Nepal: has nice gardens. It has great views from the upstairs dining room.
Dhulikhel, Banepa Kavre Hotels, Guest House & Resort Name & Address
Dhulikhel, Banepa Kavre Hotels, Guest House & Resort Name & Address
|Chadani Hotel, Banepa, Kavre, Nepal
Bandika Lodge, Banepa, Kavre, Nepal
Sungabha & Lodge, Banepa, Kavre, Nepal
Dhulikhel Mountain Resort P.Lt, Khawa, Kavre, Nepal
Hotel Arniko P. Ltd, Dhulikhel, Kavre, Nepal
Dhulikhel Lodge P. Ltd, Dhulikhel, Kavre, Nepal
Highland Resort P. Ltd, Dhulikhel, Kavre, Nepal
Ganga Mountain Resort, Dhulikhel, Kavre, Nepal
Hill Corner Resort P. Ltd, Dhulikhel, Kavre, Nepal
Himalaya Mountain Resort P.Ltd, Dhulikhel, Kavre, Nepal
Hotel Suryo Deya P. Ltd, Dhulikhel, Kavre, Nepal
Dhulikhel Roof Top Guest House, Dhulikhel, Kavre, Nepal
Hotel Mount Paradise, Dhulikhel, Kavre, Nepal
Himalayan Range View Resort, Dhulikhel, Kavre, Nepal
Pagoda Resort P. Ltd, Dhulikhel, Kavre, Nepal
Snow View Garden Guest House, Dhulikhel, Kavre, Nepal
Hotel Sun & Snow(Himal.Horizen, Dhulikhel, Kavre, Nepal
Meera Bells Resort Hotel P.Ltd, Dhulikhel, Kavre, Nepal
Sun Koshi River Resort P. Ltd, Sukute, Kavre, Nepal
Himalayan Chain Resort, Dhulikhel, Kavre, Nepal
Gouri Shanker Mountain View P, Dhulikhel, Kavre, Nepal
Kanodada Retreat P. Ltd, Namobudha, Kavre, Nepal
Kodari Resort P. Ltd, Phulping, Sindhupalchok, Nepa
Tamaluichen Guest House, Namobudha, Kavre, Nepal
Beautiful Mt. Resort P. Ltd, Palanchowk, Kavre, Nepal
Keshab Lodge, Dolanghat, Kavre, Nepal
Banepa Village Resort Pvt. Ltd, Banepa, Kavre, Nepal
Hotel View Tower, Nagarkot, Dhulikhel, Kavre, Nepal
Dhulikhel is the administrative centre of Kavrepalanchok District, Nepal. At the time of the 1991 Nepal census it had a population of 9812 people in 1624 households. Dhulikhel lies along the B.P Highway and Arniko Highway. Arniko Highway connects Kathmandu, Nepal's capital city with Tibet's border town of Kodari. Dhulikhel is located near the Himalayas at 1550m above sea level and is situated 30 km southeast of Kathmandu and 74 km southwest of Kodari. The people in the village are Newars, Bhramin, Chhettri, Tamang and Dalit. Drinking water in Dhulikhel is one of the best water in Nepal. It was made with the Help of the German NGO, German Technical Cooperation
The Old Town: The oldest area of the town, the southern end, is an assembly of fine old Newari houses, often occupied by 20 or more members of the local extended families. They may not all have glazed windows, hot water or modern furniture, but they have dignity and a friendly atmosphere. Their most valuable assets are the beautifully carved windows and doors, fine examples of traditional Newari craftsmanship.
As one wanders down the traffic free narrow streets, one passes through a medieval city inhabited for at least five centuries and may have a feeling that he is in the garden of cultural theme park. The plan of the city is based on ancient Hindu planning doctrine with the position, shape, scale & dominance between buildings, temples, public squares all having their own meaning and harmony. There are organically developed compact settlements around Dhulikhel. These settlements in one hand conserved heat in the cold valley, and at the same time maximized land for agricultural use. One of such old settlements is Shrikhandapur, which lies 2 km west of the core city near the Kathmandu University, and is also a centuries old Newari settlement. The settlement is protected by Swet Bhairav (an incarnation of Lord Shiva) and Narayan (Vishnu) deties.
Temples: There are numerous temples in the town depicting an example of traditional and old Newari craftsmanship of Dhulikhel. These are important places of worship for local people. The core area of Dhulikhel has interesting narrow cobbled streets and lanes embedded with number of Hindu Shrines and a few Buddhist Stupa.
In the centre of the old town is the Narayan Temple with its yellow metal roofs. It is dedicated to Lord Krishna whose birthday is joyfully celebrated here in August. Alongside is the Harisiddhi Temple whose God responds to the worshippers' problems and sees their right and wrong doings. Both the temples are adorned with profuese wood carvings and fronted by two Garudas in quite different attitude. Bhagwati Temple situated at the top of the western part of the town is considered as one of the best place to see around Dhulikhel and also to enjoy the best mountain views. The GaukhureshworMahadev Temple is about 20 minutes walk to the east of the town near Tundikhel Recreation Park and is located in a peaceful and quite environment. Further up hill, one reaches, within half an hour trek, the Bhagwati (Kali) Temple. This is a beautiful pagoda that one can see on the skyline as one drives into Dhulikhel.
Village Development Committees VDC's & Towns of Kavrepalanchok District:
|Anaikot||Balathali||Balting||Baluwa||Baluwapatti Deupur||Banakhu Chor|
|Birtadeurali||Bolde Fediche||Budhakhani||Chalal Ganeshsthan||Chandeni Mandan||Choubas|
|Chyamrangbesi||Chyasing Kharka||Dandagaun||Dapcha Chhetrabangh||Daraune Pokhari||Deuvumi Baluwa|
|Devitar||Dhunkharka Bahrabise||Dhuseni Siwalaya||Dolaghat||Falate Bhumlu||Falemetar|
|Foksingtar||Gairi Bisouna Deupur||Ghartichhap||Gokule||Gothpani||Hokse Bazar|
|Indreswor||Jaisithok Mandan||Janagal||Jyamdi Mandan||Kalati Bhumidanda||Kanpur Kalapani|
|Kartike Deurali||Katunje Besi||Kavre Nitya Chandeswor||Khahare Pangu||Khanalthok||Kharelthok|
|Kharpachok||Khopasi||Kolati Bhumlu||Koshidekha||Kuruwas Chapakhori||Kushadevi|
|Machchhegaun||Madan Kundari||Mahadevsthan Mandan||Mahadevtar||Mahankal Chaur||Mahendra Jyoti|
|Majhi Feda||Malpi||Mangaltar||Mathurapati Fulbari||Methinkot||Milche|
|Nagre Gagarche||Nala||Nasiksthan Sanga||Nayagaun Deupur||Panchkhal||Pangu|
|Patalekhet||Pokhari Chauri||Pokhari Narayansthan||Puranogaun Dapcha||Ravi Opi||Rayale|
|Saldhara||Salle Bhumlu||Salmechakala||Sankhupati Chour||Sanowangthali||Saping|
|Sarada Batase||Saramthali||Sarasyunkhark||Sasakhani||Sathighar Bhagawati||Sikhar Ambote|
|Simalchour Syampati||Simthali||Sipali Chilaune||Subbagaun||Sunthan||Syampati|
|Thoukhal||Thulo Parsel||Tukucha Nala||Ugratara Janagal||1||1|