Home      About Us      Sitemap    Contact Us

Back to Home


Deprecated: mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in /home/hotlnepal/public_html/cpadmin/dbconn.php on line 5

Hotel Monalisa Jiri

Hotel Monalisa, Jiri, Dolakha, Nepal  Nepal has every category of accommodation facilities that range from the international standard star hotels to budget hotels and lodges. Jiri is a village development committee in Dolakha District in the Janakpur Zone of north-eastern Nepal. At the time of the 1991 Nepal census it had a population of 7,138 people living in 1,508 individual households.Jiri lies at an altitude of 1,905 metres (6,250 feet) and is the eastern-most terminus of ... more

Jiri, Dolakha, Nepal

Jiri Bazaar: Hotels & Guest Houses & Other Information of Jiri, Dolakha, Nepal Jiri is a village development committee in Dolakha District in the Janakpur Zone of north-eastern Nepal. At the time of the 1991 Nepal census it had a population of 7138 people living in 1508 individual households.

Jiri lies at an altitude of 1,905 metres (6,250 feet) and is the eastern-most terminus of the highway coming from Kathmandu. Bus service is available from Kathmandu but the 184 km ride takes 6 to 8 hours due to narrow, winding roads and checkpoints along the high-way(until 2006). A company of the Nepal Army is stationed in town and visitors' equipment and backpacks might be searched. There are a number of lodges available along either side of the main road mainly in Jiri Bazaar.

Jiri is said to have established in 1938 by the Swiss. The name "Jiri" actually came from the city Zurich in Switzerland. It is wrong. The Name "Jiri" is derived from its local ethnic group called the "Jirel".

As the closest roadhead, Jiri is now the trailhead for many treks into the Mount Everest region. The trek to Lukla will take seven or eight days. Few people actually begin a trek from Jiri anymore, as only 5% of all trekkers who attempt the difficult trek to Everest Base Camp start at Jiri. The other 95% choose to fly into the small airstrip at Lukla, thus cutting off a week of difficult but beautiful trekking.

Although the trailhead from Jiri into Sagarmatha National Park is referred to as the "classic route to Everest", the original trailhead actually began at Kathmandu. All early Everest expeditions—including the one led by John Hunt that put Tenzing Norgay and Edmund Hillary on the summit—passed through Jiri. So Jiri is also called the "Gateway to Mt. Everest". Jiri is the home of an ethnic group called the Jirels.

Dolakha, often Dolkha or Dholkha, is a part of Janakpur Zone, is one of the seventy-five districts of Nepal, a landlocked country of Southeast Asia. The district, with Charikot as its district headquarters, covers an area of 2,191 km² and has a population (2001) of 204,229.

Village Development Committees VDC's of Dholkha District:

Alampu Babare Bhedapu Bhimeswor Bhirkot Bhusafeda Bigu Bocha
Bulung Chankhu Charikot Chhetrapa Chilankha Chyama Dadhpokhari Dandakharka
Fasku Gairimudi Gauri Sankar Ghang Sukathokar Hawa Japhe Jhule Jhyaku
Jiri Jugu Kabhre Kalingchok Katakuti Khare Khupachagu Laduk
Lakuri Danda Lamabagar Lamidada Lapilang Magapauwa Makaibari Mali Malu
Marbu Mati Melung Mirge Namdu Orang Pawati Sahare
Sailungeswor Sunakhani Sundrawati Sureti Susma Chhemawati Syama Thulopatal Syama
more